Cycling around Trasimeno Lake and ancient roads
6 days/ 5 nights
Explore the beautiful views of the Trasimeno lake and the surrounding hills covered with woods and olive groves by bike; Cycling through Acquasparta and the Roman ruins of Carsulae. An easy itinerary that winds its way through a gentle and quite landscape, for a relaxing day by bike. Six days to spend in Umbria to relax, eat delicious local food and discover new paths.
INFO BIKE TOURS
The first cycle-itinerary included in the package is located along the lake, in the area between Passignano and Tuoro, partly exploiting the dirt cycle path of the Trasimeno lake and for the rest secondary roads with little traffic. It is almost completely flat and offers continuous glimpses of the lake. The only slightly uphill stretch is to reach Punta Bella, from where you can enjoy a magnificent view of the lake. Cycling around Lake Trasimeno requires no special training, but only a good physical condition. For those who do not consider themselves able to feel able, it is possible to rent the e-bikes.
The second itinerary is an easy itinerary winding its way through a gentle and quite landscape and reaches one of the most important paleontological sites in the world (Dunarobba Fossil Forest)
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
• Transfers by private bus for 7 days
• 5 nights in a countryhouse, half board included (drinks excluded)
• 1 cooking lesson with 1 lunch included
• 1 day cycle tour of Trasimeno Lake: rental bike, English guide, 1 lunch in a local restaurant ,return ferry to /from Isola Maggiore
• 1 day cycle itinerary through Acquasparta and Dunarobba: rental Hybrid bike (pick up and drop off in Todi) , map with roadbook, altimeric data and coordinates for the GPS, lunch box.
• Medical insurance
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDES:
• Anything not specified in the section “The price includes”
Same tour can be booked without transfers. Please contact us for quotations